{ Vampire 5K }




Okay, this is 5K number two for us.  The Red Cross sponsored the 6th annual Vampire 5K in Richland (saying, "mostly flat" route...they lie, that's all I'm saying!).  My goal was to come in under 30 minutes this time (since I finished at 30:21 last 5k) and Tim just wanted to beat his last time as well (30:00 even).  I told him to just run and not worry about staying with me, because he starts off with too fast of a pace for me...so this time he took off on his own.  I caught up with him about 2 miles in (he slowed to wait for me) and we ran most of the remainder of the race together, right until the end when I told him to go!  He finished at 29:35 and when I rounded to corner and could make out the clock, it said 29:14 and I had about 50 yards to go...I thought "I'll be damned if I come this close and cross over 30 minutes" and used whatever I had left to get across that line at 29:52!!! Yeah!  In my age group (again with the 30-39 bracket), I was 11th out of 29, Tim was 12th out of 14 in the 40-49 age group.  Until the next 5K!!

Comments

Popular Posts